1 / 8
Miwa Shuzo Co., Ltd.Gifu
- Founded in 1837 at the end of the Edo period, the brewery is located near Ogaki Castle, which was once the site of the Battle of Sekigahara, and prospered as the official brewery of the Ogaki Clan at the end of the Edo period. More than 40 years ago, the people of Shirakawa Village in Gifu Prefecture asked us to produce a nigori (nigori-shu) sake similar to doburoku, a type of sake served at the doburoku festival in Shirakawa-go. We are a brewery specializing in nigorizake (nigori sake and doburoku), which accounts for 90% of the sake we brew. We brew nigori sake that is very rich and full of rice flavor using a unique process that is different from nigori sake made by other breweries. This is the reason for the brand name "Shirakawa-go". This obsession with nigori and doburoku, however, can only be continued and further evolved with the technology of clear sake and sake brewing, and our passion for brewing clear sake and sake brewing remains unchanged, although in smaller quantities. The brands of such sake are "Dosan Gin Setsu Hana", "Tesshin", and even "Kessen Sekigahara". Most of them are distributed mainly locally and are not well known, but they are of unashamedly high quality and have evolved to a higher level along with nigori-style sake.
- Kenji Miwa
- Atsuo Sugihara
- Gifu 4-48, Funamachi, Ogaki CityGoogleマップで開く
- Advance reservation required, to be discussed upon application.
- Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays (available upon prior consultation), Bon holidays, year-end and New Year holidays
- Sundays, national holidays, Bon holidays, year-end and New Year's holidays *Please contact us in case of business hours